Have you always dreamed of one day being named a REALTOR® Magazine 30 Under 30 honoree? This could be your year. Tell us how you’re killing it in sales, taking on leadership roles, or making a difference in your community by filling out an application today.
We’re excited to announce that the 2018 30 Under 30 application period is now open through noon Central Time on Friday, Jan. 12, 2018. All members of the National Association of REALTORS® who will be under the age of 30 as of May 31, 2018 are invited to apply.
Here are five ways to make your application standout from the pack:
- Answer every question. Judges appreciate applicants who put thought and consideration into every response. Be detailed and share real life stories and examples from your real estate business experience.
- Proofread. Poor grammar and copious typos can be distracting and show a lack of attention to detail. Proofread your application before submitting, and consider asking a friend proofread it for you, too.
- Seek references. We will accept up to two letters of recommendation per applicant. You will be prompted to supply their email addresses when you’re filling out the application. They will be notified to submit recommendations on your behalf. The deadline for letters of recommendation is also noon CT, Jan. 12, 2018. Remember, two letters are better than one, but one letter is better than none.
- Submit a video. Although a video is not required, it’s strongly recommended for helping your application stand out. Here are some tips for creating a compelling 30 Under 30 application video.
- Don’t wait: Remember the Murphy’s law adage, “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.” So, do not wait until the deadline to submit. Give yourself enough time to be thoughtful and creative in telling the story of “you.”
The application requires your 2017 sales numbers, and if you advance in the judging process, those numbers will be verified through your local MLS records or a broker-certified spreadsheet. Total transaction sides and sales volume of the 50 finalists and 30 Under 30 honorees will be publicly displayed in online profiles, so applicants should strive for accuracy.
Sales volume, though important, is just one element judges take into consideration. Judges are looking for well-rounded candidates from all regions of the country, backgrounds, and real estate specialties.
Learn more about 30 Under 30 and how to apply at realtormag.realtor.org/30-under-30. Good luck to all applicants!