Submitting a video is not required to apply for 30 Under 30. However, you should consider a video as the cherry on top of your stellar, well-written application. Including a video can be a compelling addition to your application, as long as you keep these tips in mind.
1. Make sure your video is specific to 30 Under 30 and not a generic marketing video that you produced for your business.
2. If you have a compelling story, whether it be an innovative business strategy or a personal experience that can be brought to life on video, we strongly encourage you to use this medium. It’s the place where you can show rather than tell.
3. Your video does not need to be professionally shot, however, it should be polished and clear. Make sure your audio is adequate and viewers can hear what you’re saying. Consider writing a script or talking points.
4. Try to not repeat everything you write in your application. This is the time to build upon your answers or say something you couldn’t quite fit in your application.
5. Keep it to two minutes maximum. All videos reviewed during the in-person judging meeting are cut off at the two minute mark so that every applicant gets equal time.
6. It doesn’t have to be just you on camera. Past applicants have included clients, colleagues, and others in their videos to help tell their story.