By Brian Copeland, 2009 NAR Conference Blogger
As I entered Conference Hall B, the fresh smell of new carpet smacked me right in the face. It was like stepping into a new car…very nice. I have to admit, however, there’s also a new aroma and attitude in the air this year in comparison to last year’s Orlando conference. A refreshed energy of positive market seems to be the topic of every conversation I walk into. Just this week, the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS released that our sales are up a whopping 22.7 percent. The San Diego ABC affiliate is reporting that foreclosures in market are down 3 percent. At the CRS welcome reception last night, energy was high with nothing but happy talk.
As you enter this time, I encourage you to do the following:
1. Search out the positive agents in our industry and spend time listening, recharging and learning.
2. Walk the other direction when that ONE gloom-and-doomer corners you on the Expo floor. You don’t need that energy.
3. Find one great idea on the Expo floor and try it for at least two years.
4. Connect with two or three agents, set a time at the end of the day, then meet for 30 minutes to discuss and energize what each of you learned that day and want to implement/take home (hat-tip Julie Beall, Dayton, OH and Jake Marsh, Denver, CO…my YPN peeps).
5. Go to The Good Neighbor Awards presentation and watch the videos. TAKE KLEENEX! It’s an Oprah reunion moment!! They are inspiring, moving and amazing! Saturday Nov. 14 at 4 p.m. General Session ( http://www.realtor.org/convention.nsf/pages/schedule )