By Brooke Wolford
Have you ever noticed a for sale sign in a neighbors yard and wondered, “Why didn’t they use me?” Well don’t be too hard on yourself. People tend to forget that you are a REALTOR® unless you remind them. Here are some things you can do to set yourself apart from the rest.
1. Do every open house that you can. People will remember your face the more that they see you.
2. Be creative with your advertising. If you advertise in the paper do something that everyone else isn’t doing. You need to stand out from all the other ads. Congratulate a local athlete, put a spotlight on a fundraiser, or even poke fun at yourself.
3. Start a networking group in your home town. Invite neighbors, businesses and colleagues. Help other business help you, while you help them as well.
4. Plan a block party sponsored by you! Get some hot dogs, put out some games for the kids, do drawings, etc. Get to know your neighbors. They can be your biggest allies.
5. Use social networking like Facebook and Twitter. Update your status several times throughout the day. Talk about what you are doing with clients, advertise your listing and network with other realtors. You can get referrals via social networking sites. So take the time to get to know the real estate pros you network with.
6. Update your Web site as much as possible. Update your clients with market trends. Also put the spotlight on something going on in your area.
7. Volunteer! Your community always needs volunteers. Get your face out there and make a difference in someone’s life.
8. Host a party for your best clients. Also invite friends and neighbors. Let them do the marketing for you.
Finally, be a big deal. Be confident and know your market and your community. Never get down on your self or try to be something your not. It’s important to be different and also be good at what you do. Potential clients will remember you if you if you put your face out there.
Brooke Wolford is a 29-year-old REALTOR® with Edina Realty, Hastings, Minn. Follow her blog at strugglingrookierealtor.blogspot.com.